The Kid’s Virtual Fishing Derby will be rescheduled to Saturday, June 20. For more details please contact Mackenzie at Mderrick@lindenhurstparks.org.
Our facilities will remain closed through May 30 in accordance with the Stay at Home order, however beginning Monday, May 18 we will be in the office to accept phone calls and answer any questions you may have on Mondays and Wednesday’s from 9am-4pm, closed 12-1pm.
The last few months have been unprecedented for all of us as we navigate and work through the COVID-19 crisis. The Community Partners, have decided to cancel our first five Live Music in the Parks concerts due to the recommendations and restrictions on large gatherings. While we understand and share in the disappointment related to this very difficult decision, we must now focus on the health, safety, and well-being of our communities, residents, staff, and concert attendees. We will continue to monitor this situation and make decisions regarding the rest of the summer concerts at a later date.
As a result of Governor Pritzker’s Updated Executive Order issued on April 23, all Lindenhurst Park District facilities will be closed through May 30. This includes the Lippert Community center as well as all playgrounds, shelters and outdoor restrooms. Our parks will remain open for walking, running and biking however we ask that you follow CDC guidelines while using our parks including:
- Refrain from using parks if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space
All installment billing payments have been delayed and once we know the extent of our closure, staff will determine class rescheduling or refunds/credits for cancelled programs. We will process refunds/credits when the District re-opens.
We thank you, our Community, for your understanding and patience as we navigate this ever-evolving situation. We are committed to the health and safety of our participants and staff and encourage you to utilize the CDC website as a resource for additional questions or guidance.
We understand the tremendous impact surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak. Last week we all went to work, our favorite restaurants and visited the Park District gym. We all have been urged to stay at home except for shopping for essential items like medicine and food. People still want to visit our parks, playgrounds, and athletic fields to engage in outdoor activities such as walking, playing a game of soccer, or running to keep healthy – physically and mentally – not only for themselves, but their children who suddenly have nothing to do! As a reminder, it is under the guidance of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that for 15 days (starting March 16) all social gatherings of groups of more than 10 people should be avoided and to keep a social distancing of six feet from other people. In the spirit of cooperation and support for each other and our community, we are asking that everyone does their small part to follow these guidelines. Our parks, playgrounds, and athletic fields will remain open for you to relax and enjoy, but we kindly ask that you respectively follow these guidelines and do not create gatherings, play-dates, pick-up games, team practices, etc. until further notice. Also, be advised that our outdoor amenities are not sanitized; use our outdoor amenities with caution and please follow the health and safety guidelines.
As we are all aware this is a constantly changing situation and updates will be provided as to how this affects the use of our facilities and parks. We will continue to gather information as quickly as we can, learning and making decisions accordingly. Please follow the “update” section on our website for new information.
Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the declaration of a national emergency, the Lindenhurst Park District Community Center and facilities will be closed from March 16-April 5.
Effective Monday, March 16th, all Lindenhurst Park District programs are cancelled through Sunday, April 5th.
The Community Center will remain open to the public for the week of March 16th-March 22nd. We strongly encourage any participants that fall into a COVID-19 high-risk category or anyone that exhibits any symptoms or believes they have been exposed to the virus to refrain from visiting.
This is a rapidly evolving situation, but the safety, health and well-being of our community and staff are a priority in our decision making process. The District will continue to monitor information daily from the CDC and the Lake County Health Department and will communicate any pertinent information with our participants as needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Park District at 847-356-6011.
With official documentation from the CDC regarding suggested mitigation, Governor Pritzker’s recent recommendations, and ban, and in support of all community gathering places in regards to prevention of the COVID-19 virus, the Lindenhurst Park District has decided to cancel and close programs, events and facilities as follows:
• All programs and/or events that exceed 250 people (this includes staff, sponsors, participants, etc.) between now and May 1, 2020
• All programs and/or events between March 20 at 4pm through April 5 at 9pm
• The community center and all park district-owned shelters will be closed beginning March 20 at 4pm and will re-open April 6, this includes pre-scheduled rentals
This includes (but is not limited to) the following district-wide special events:
- Magic Show on March 27 from 11:00-11:30a
- The annual Easter Egg Hunt on April 4 at 10:00a
- The After “I DO” Wedding Garage Sale on April 19 at 12:00p
Program staff will be communicating directly with any participants that have pre-registered for a class that is being cancelled.
We will continue to monitor the situation and discuss with other community leaders as things change and will maintain communication via our website and social media accounts as warranted.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Should you have any questions, please contact the district at 847-356-6011.
The health and safety of our Park District participants and staff is a top priority. District administration has been closely monitoring developments in the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and has been taking precautions to contain the spread of the virus. At this time, there has been no indication of a coronavirus outbreak in our area, but we believe that prevention is imperative to the health and wellness of our participants.
- Wash your hands regularly (most especially after using the restroom and before consuming food) for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and then throw the tissue into the trash
- If your child is feeling sick or presenting symptoms of illness, do not send them to school or before/after school care – for the protection of other participants and staff, your child should be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications prior to returning to school or care