As a result of Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order issued on March 31, all Lindenhurst Park District facilities will be closed through April 30. This includes the Lippert Community center as well as all playgrounds, shelters and outdoor restrooms. Our parks will remain open for walking, running and biking however we ask that you follow CDC guidelines while using our parks including:
- Refrain from using parks if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space
All installment billing payments have been delayed and once we know the extent of our closure, staff will determine class rescheduling or refunds/credits for cancelled programs. We will process refunds/credits when the District re-opens.
We thank you, our Community, for your understanding and patience as we navigate this ever-evolving situation. We are committed to the health and safety of our participants and staff and encourage you to utilize the CDC website as a resource for additional questions or guidance.