Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations Updates
With COVID-19 surging across the state of Illinois, Governor Pritzker announced yesterday that beginning
November 20, 2020, at 12:01am all eleven regions across the state, including region nine (Lake and Mchenry
counties) will enter into Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations under Phase 4 Guidance.
The Illinois Department of Public Health will continue to track the positivity rates and hospital capacity
metrics in all regions over a 14-day monitoring period to determine if mitigations in region nine can be
relaxed, additional mitigations required, or current mitigation remains in place. In order to move to Tier 2
Mitigation, our region must experience less than 12-percent test positivity rate for three consecutive days AND
greater than 20-percent available ICU and hospital beds AND declining COVID hospitalizations in 7 out of
last 10 days.
What does this mean for the Lindenhurst Park District facilities and programs? Beginning November 20,
2020, the following changes, cancellations, and closings will be effective:
- Community Center will close to the public Friday, 11/20, and will not re-open until further notice.
- All programs that are currently running will be cancelled and refunded through 12/31, unless
they can be offered virtually.
- Before & After E-Learning will not be offered for the month of December and re-evaluated.
- Preschool will only be offered virtually for the month of December and re-evaluated.
- All rentals will be cancelled until further notice (including Jazzercise) and refunded.
- Open gym, track, and fitness area closed until further notice.
- All playgrounds, shelters, athletic fields, etc. will remain open for public outdoor use.