Lindenhurst Park District Secures $450,000 OSLAD Grant for Lewis Park Renovation
LINDENHURST, IL – 1/31/2024
The Lindenhurst Park District is thrilled to announce the successful acquisition of a $450,000 Open Space Land Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) grant from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (ILDNR). This grant will play a pivotal role in the revitalization of Lewis Park, enhancing recreational opportunities and green spaces for the Lindenhurst community.
The OSLAD grant, awarded by ILDNR, is a testament to Lindenhurst Park District’s commitment to creating vibrant and accessible outdoor spaces for residents. Lewis Park, a cherished community hub, is set to undergo significant improvements thanks to this generous grant.
Highlights of the Lewis Park Renovation Project include:
- Playground Enhancements: The grant will fund the installation of a new playground and surface, providing a safe and enjoyable space for children of all ages.
- Multi-Use Sports Facilities: Lewis Park will see upgrades to its basketball and tennis/pickleball courts, encouraging community engagement in a variety of recreational activities.
- Landscaping and Green Spaces: A renewed focus on landscaping and green spaces will enhance the park’s aesthetics, providing a tranquil environment for residents to relax and connect with nature.
- ADA-Compliant Features: The project will ensure that all members of the community can enjoy the improved amenities at Lewis Park.
- Community Gathering Spaces: Lewis Park will feature upgraded picnic areas and gathering spaces, fostering a sense of community and social interaction.
“This OSLAD grant is a tremendous boost for Lindenhurst and a testament to the dedication of the Lindenhurst Park District in providing top-notch recreational facilities for our residents,” said Dave Mohr, Executive Director of Lindenhurst Park District. “We are excited about the positive impact this grant will have on Lewis Park and the surrounding community.”
The Lindenhurst Park District extends its gratitude to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for recognizing the importance of investing in community parks and green spaces. This collaborative effort ensures that Lewis Park will continue to serve as a central hub for recreational activities, fostering a sense of community and well-being.
For further information, please contact:
David Mohr Jr.
847-356-6011 ext. 1003