With official documentation from the CDC regarding suggested mitigation, Governor Pritzker’s recent recommendations, and ban, and in support of all community gathering places in regards to prevention of the COVID-19 virus, the Lindenhurst Park District has decided to cancel and close programs, events and facilities as follows:
• All programs and/or events that exceed 250 people (this includes staff, sponsors, participants, etc.) between now and May 1, 2020
• All programs and/or events between March 20 at 4pm through April 5 at 9pm
• The community center and all park district-owned shelters will be closed beginning March 20 at 4pm and will re-open April 6, this includes pre-scheduled rentals
This includes (but is not limited to) the following district-wide special events:
- Magic Show on March 27 from 11:00-11:30a
- The annual Easter Egg Hunt on April 4 at 10:00a
- The After “I DO” Wedding Garage Sale on April 19 at 12:00p
Program staff will be communicating directly with any participants that have pre-registered for a class that is being cancelled.
We will continue to monitor the situation and discuss with other community leaders as things change and will maintain communication via our website and social media accounts as warranted.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Should you have any questions, please contact the district at 847-356-6011.